We're Adopting!

We're Adopting!

Friday, November 15, 2013

Standing before the judge

Today, 11/15/2013 we stood before the judge and obtained custody of our baby boy. 
In the car seat ready to leave for court 


Outside of the chambers 

Daddy and his boy! 



He is not even four days old yet and he has put love in our heart that we never knew existed. For some reason, it doesn't bother me to only sleep two and a half hours and wake up to feed and change him. 

At work, I cannot STAND boogers, so it's not uncommon for me to ask someone to get boogers out of my baby's nose for me... But with Carter, none of that bothers me... Ill pick any booger out of his nose that needs to be picked ;) 

Things are going great and were getting lots of bonding time... It's hard to put him down! He was not been in my belly the past nine months, he doesn't recognize my scent, nor does he recognize our voice. I'm sure he keeps waiting to hear his birth mothers voice because that's what he's heard for nine months. Because of this, it's been nice to be the only two to hold and talk to him.. We've each been doing kangaroo care (skin to skin) with him and talking to him... 



I'm reading to him every night and we spend our days on the hotel just laughing at the facial expressions he is making and talking to him. 

We're gonna enjoy the weekend in Utah and try to do some things while we're here! We have a follow up pediatrician appointment today and other than that were done until ICPC in KY clears! 

No comments:

Post a Comment