We're Adopting!

We're Adopting!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Being Optimistic

Well, because I can change my flights for no charge(thanks to a friend of a friend)... I went ahead and booked our flights to come home, being optimistic and hoping KY releases us tomorrow. Our flights are booked and we are scheduled to land on KY soil in Paducah at 2:20 PM!
This little man is ready to be home with the rest of his family.

What are we waiting on. Yes, we signed the papers to make him ours and agreed to the financial aspects of our agency (which is a lot, but beyond worth it)
Yes, we went before the judge and signed papers accepting custody...
So what's next?

ICPC... Here is the definition:The ICPC is a contract among member states and U.S. territories authorizing them to work together to ensure that children who are placed across state lines for foster care or adoption receive adequate protection and support services.

So, Utah sent our hundreds of pages of documents and our case to the ICPC office in Frankfort in KY. This was overnighted and they should have received it Friday. Of course, its a weekend so my hopes are Monday.. tomorrow, we will be released!

Apparently ICPC offices are very particular and do not want to receive any phone calls from the adoptive families, or governors or senators if they have connections (haha, yes with Cory being a trooper and buddy working for the governor.. I thought about it). If you or anyone calls, they will intentionally delay your process... So I am behaving and being patient... which is hard.

*I wish the offices or I at least hope the offices have staff members who have adopted. I say this because.. I am sure they are busy but it would be SO nice to have the case reviewed the day they received it so adoptive families can get home quickly. We are paying daily for food, hotel, rental cars, etc. just to wait on a review. Without a doubt I have found positive things about being stuck in Utah... and that is the amount of bonding time we have been able to have.

It is so hard to put this little miracle down... To finally have the baby you have been praying and begging for is the most amazing feeling I have experienced. Cory and I thought having a baby was easy, people do it every day right? It's not for us.. it is possible but not easy. But I keep being reminded when I look at Carter how wonderful it was that Cory and I accepted the calling to adopt. This feeling is indescribable. Every breath he takes, every move he makes, every sound he makes brings a smile to my face... this little boy, is MINE!  And to be given the time to sit in this hotel room and do skin to skin VERY OFTEN, to talk to him, to have the chance for Cory and I to learn how to take care of him is one thing I am happy about being here in Utah. But we are ready... we are ready to hop on the plane and land on KY soil... we are ready to see our puppies, our family and our friends, and most of all ... we are ready for everyone to meet our son!

No comments:

Post a Comment