We're Adopting!

We're Adopting!

Saturday, October 5, 2013

"For this child I prayed..." 1 Samuel 1:27

Wow. I am still in shock with the fact that I am going to be a mother and Cory will be a father and as a team well raise a wonderful child. We spoke to the birth mom this afternoon and it was an amazing experience. It was a wonderful opportunity to get to know each other and ask questions. The conversation lasted almost an hour! We were matched with a social worker, her name is Jodie and shell be our go to person from here on out. The plans are for us to fly down two nights before and have dinner with our sweet birth mother then well go to the hospital the following day.

 I'm crying as I type this... The mother said I could be in the delivery room! God has led us down an amazing road and I think this experience will be wonderful. To be there for her, and to stay connected with her will be the most amazon thing. I am blessed to have found someone who wants to be a part of their child's life and someone who we can share Carter's life with. 

Please continue to pray! We still have a long journey ahead. This def came much quicker than expected so we are trying to get our finances in line and prepare for this amazing miracle. There is always a risk. A risk that the mother may change her mind or the risk that something could be wrong with Carter. All I know is that every ounce of faith is in my God and he brought me to this, therefore he will get me through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment