We're Adopting!

We're Adopting!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

An emotional morning... Christmas EVE

Well.. I was having an emotional morning and my heart was begging to spill on my blog.

It's been a while since I have posted, I CANNOT believe I let myself go this long without a single post, boy have we been busy!


I am sitting here at 6:30 AM on Christmas eve feeding this beautiful, innocent, sweet baby boy... Could he be anymore perfect? I do not think so! I have been crying because I do not understand what I have ever done to deserve such a wonderful baby, a wonderful life, a wonderful group of friends, and a wonderful family. Carter has changed my world. I was a work aholic but he has made me realize that my life needs to change. I need to focus on God, family, and the rest can fall in place. Instead of focusing on work and letting everything else fall in place.


He is sitting here smiling at me now. He is perfect. I can remember crying last November because we still were not pregnant and that's what I wanted to give my family for Christmas... a grand baby. I had all kinds of Christmas idea pregnancy announcements saved and didn't get to use a single one..


Now, I realize that Carter is why I did not get pregnant. HE was picked to be in our life and HE was meant to be our son. God made us wait, and made us wait and fortunately, we did because I would not have it any other way.

I used to dream of being pregnant and wanted to experience the beautiful miracle... but I have. No I did not go through nine months of what ends up being miserable haha. But I received the greatest miracle of all, and after having the opportunity to be a mother to Carter.. adoption is AMAZING and the bond is unexplainable. I could not have a biological child and love him/her any more than I love this little boy on my chest right now. He is my world, he has completed my life... he has filled my heart.. he is MY son.

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment