We're Adopting!

We're Adopting!

Monday, August 26, 2013



Pinterest Inspiration....
I used this photo and a couple other Pinterest nursery ideas to create my own....And so it begins...





Making baby bedding.... hmmmm.. this was definitely an ambitious task we took on! Please keep in mind that other than the burp cloths I recently started making I have NEVER sewn in my life!! Chelsea, my dear friend that helped has sewn some but we thought we could do this so we tried! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right?!? 
  So we began... It was not near as hard as I thought. Well ,the bumper wasn't. I was excited to find this super cute chevron fabric that was the exact colors I wanted to do! We completed the bumper in less than an hour and I was VERY pleased!!

Please note the sweet puppy in the middle of us. Krew is quite the helper and never leaves my side haha! I think he will be a good but jealous big brother. Next on our list was the valance and matress cover. BOY WAS THIS A CHALLENGE!!! I learned what a ruffler foot was, and we were terrible at using it and messed up 100 times, but hey, it turned out great! We made the crib skirt, that was pretty easy.. then tackled the mattress cover...... which was challenging....
 I left the mattress at home to start with so we guesstimated the dimensions.. then got scared... so I ran home and got the mattress. It wasn't extremely hard, but you had to cut corners off and sew them, then thread the elastic and blah blah blah. BUT, as you can tell we made it all and it fits and looks great!!! I made all this for less than $50 and it was an average of $350-$550 online so we were VERY happy! It by no means looks perfect, but o well!
Once the bedding was made it was time to finish painting! I found this amazing $3 product. If you are going to paint, ever, in your life... you NEED THIS! It is called an edger and I got it at lowes. It has a replaceable pad and you don't have to us painters tape or anything and you just swipe it across the wall and it works perfectly! Christa and Josh Franklin so kindly came over and Christa helped me make the white line across the top. Unfortunately, I am going to have to re do it because the Scotch's painters tape was NO GOOD and my paint leaked through!! Cory and I are going to put the crib up tomorrow (finally) and finish the paint!!
 Once we pull the painter's tape off there will be a pretty white line!
We started baby couponing. We haven't gotten very far, but last week when I bought toilet paper from CVS I pretty much got these free!  Every penny saved is worth it!!
After this week we will be half way done with the nursery. I am going to purchase some wall art I found on etsy and all that will really be left is a glider. I am searching for a white or grey glider that looks like a recliner within a reasonable price.

My plans for above the crib is to do a large Uppercase Living name with his birth weight all around it. So obviously, we will have to wait until he is born for that. Listed below is an idea of what I am talking about:

The alphabet listed above is what I would like to do above his changing table. We talked about having a match party once we are matched with a mother, unless its a sudden and quick thing. All the males will bring diapers to enter and the females will be assigned a letter and the guys can play pool and hang out while the girls have a craft night and paint or create their letter. I feel like this would be a neat celebration and would mean a lot to me knowing I had friends and family assist with making this part of his nursery... and who wouldn't want a craft night?!?

Samuel 1:27 "For this Child I have prayed.." Each and every day I pray for the courage and strength of the birthmothers who are selflessly giving up their child to another family. We have sped through the process thus far and will be on the waiting list VERY VERY soon, possibly within two weeks. Not only do we need prayers, but the birth mothers do as well. I am beyond thankful to know God has provided and paved this path for us so far and before we know it we will hold our precious boy in our arms. Thanks for the encouragement and prayers so far! We will continue to update you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment